We have a choice of courses to help you improve your English skills in reading, writing and speaking and listening – skills you can use at home and at work.
You will work towards a nationally recognised qualification to show what you have achieved. You will work towards the right level qualification for you following an initial assessment.
Examples of courses we offer:
• Functional Skills English at Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2
• Move On Up English - Supported learning for adults with learning difficulties
• Prepare for GCSE English
• GCSE English
We also offer a range of non-accredited courses in Family Learning which will help you keep up with your school aged children
• Family Learning – Keeping up with the Children English KS1 & 2
• KS3 English – supporting your child
Courses are fully funded for learners aged 19+ in the academic year and who have lived in the EEA for at least 3 years and who have not yet achieved a GCSE grade C/4 in English.
We also offer a range of English courses for speakers of other languages (ESOL). These qualification courses are free to unemployed or low waged learners. Fees may apply to other learners.
• Award in ESOL Skills for Life (Speaking and Listening)
• Award in ESOL Skills for Life (Reading)
• Award in ESOL Skills for Life (Writing)
Use our Course Search to find our current courses running in your local area or call 01223 703530 or email CambsALS@cambridgeshire.gov.uk